Packed full of nutritious ingredients and coming in at around 180 calories per muffin, this easy recipe makes for a great healthy breakfast on the go. You can make these in around half an hour, and they also freeze well. A great way to use up old bananas!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 75g light brown muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 130ml milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 170°C), Gas Mark 5.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 large paper cases.
- Mash the bananas and mix together well with the sugar, sunflower oil, eggs and milk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and nutmeg into the liquid mixture and fold in.
- Fold in the oats and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and golden brown on top.
I hope you enjoyed this simple, delicious and nutritious recipe. If you try it for yourself, do let me know how it turned out! It’s also a great recipe to make with kids as it’s so simple. Have fun!