I am very honoured to have received two award nominations this week: The Original Outstanding Blogger Award by Jaya Avendel of Nin Chronicles and my second Liebster Award by Rishika Kakar of Whimsical Wordsmith. Thanks to both of you for these nominations. Jaya is a published poet and writes wonderful poetry and flash fiction. She also writes about parenting and how this relates to writing. I thoroughly recommend her blog to people who enjoy this site. Rishika writes delightful poetry and musings on the journey of life. I have recently discovered her blog and I highly recommend it to my readers.
The Original Outstanding Blogger Award
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
This award was created by Colton Beckwith.
Jaya’s Questions, with my answers:
What are your blogging goals?
To promote my writing and grow my following in order to reach a bigger audience. I don’t need to be the world’s most successful blogger, but I’m working on a poetry collection, and it would be good to have an established audience by the time this comes out!
Your favorite hobby (besides blogging)?
Difficult to choose between reading and hiking. I like both very much!
Where does your inspiration come from?
My travels, my life, my family, my love.
Your favorite pair of shoes?
My Birkenstock sandals which kept my feet comfortable through the third trimester of my last pregnancy during the height of summer in Spain!
How long is your skincare routine?
Five minutes, twice a day.
What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
My engagement ring, because it is beautiful, and holds many beautiful memories for me.
What/Who is special to you and why?
My family, because they are at the heart of everything I do.
What is your ideal holiday destination?
For how long have you been writing?
Who is your biggest inspiration, and why?
What would you eat for your last meal?
Are you a cat person, a dog person, or neither?
If you could fix one thing about the world, what would it be?
Have you ever/do you plan to publish a book? If so, give details.
The Liebster Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Rishika’s questions with my answers:
- What is your favourite book?
Very difficult to choose an overall favourite. Wuthering Heights is one which haunts me, that I have re-read many times.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully somewhere in the sun with easy access to good food!
- What did you want to be as a child and what did you end up becoming/want to be now?
A writer. A writer!
- Do you believe in fate and the Universe?
I believe that fate and chance amount to the same thing, if everything in the universe is predetermined, and if that isn’t a cop-out answer!
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
My children and my writing.
- What drives you to push through everyday?
My children and my writing.
- What does success mean to you?
Achieving inner peace and happiness.
- Your greatest regret?
I try not to have those!
- What is your favourite ice cream flavor?
At the moment it’s sachertorte.
- Are you happy?
- What is your favourite TV show?
I don’t watch a lot of TV at the moment but the last show I really enjoyed was ‘The Story of God’ with Morgan Freeman.
Do you believe in God? Why/why not?
Why do you write?
Do you prefer the mountains or the beach?
Do you prefer the countryside or the city?
Is world peace achievable?
If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
Who is your favourite cartoon character?
Do you have another job apart from writing?
How do you balance writing with other demands on your time?
Do you prefer sweet or savoury food?
What is the most important lesson you have learned in your life so far?
Thanks again to Jaya and Rishika for my nominations. Blogger awards are a great way to discover new blogs and celebrate the work of other bloggers you love. Please do check out the blogs of all my nominees, each one has been chosen for its merit and comes recommended to followers of this site.