Thanks to the lovely Lindsay of Live, parent, teach, repeat I have been nominated for my second Vincent Ehindero Award. Lindsay’s blog is a hilarious read for parents juggling busy lives, and also deals with educational issues. I recommend it highly to anyone who shares these interests.
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award (with a photo of the logo).
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
Lindsay’s questions, with my answers:
- Do you ever compare yourself to anyone? If yes, who?
I suppose my mum. I lost my mum when I was a kid. Now I’m older than she was when she died, and I often wonder about how we are similar, and how we are different. I get compared to my mother-in-law as well, but that is another story!
- What is your most beloved childhood memory?
From early childhood, trips to Blackpool with my parents. From later on, exploring the Lake District every weekend and school holiday.
- Which life lesson did you learn the hard way?
No one else is responsible for your problems but you.
- What can you do today that you couldn’t do one year ago?
Hurdler’s pose in yoga. I still can’t quite believe I can do this!
- If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for secondary schools, what would it be?
Great question! Probably The Handmaid’s Tale. We read it at school, but not sure it was mandatory. Anyway there’s a lot of lessons in there about what can happen when society breaks down, and a violent and brutal regime takes power.
- Can you describe your life in a 6 word sentence?
Still learning, every single f%$king day.
Questions for my nominees:
- Who would you like to see as next ruler of your country, and why?
- How have you survived lockdown?
- If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be, and why?
- If you had a time machine but could only travel either backwards or forwards, which would you choose, and why?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What is your favourite comedy show or movie (has to be comedy).
Congratulations to all of my nominees! I have chosen them not only because they have great blogs (which they all do) but because they are wonderful, supportive members of this blogging community, who always seem to have a kind word to say when I need it most. I highly recommend that you connect with these bloggers and show them your support.