Packed full of nutritious ingredients and coming in at around 180 calories per muffin, this easy recipe makes for a great healthy breakfast on the go. You can make these in around half an hour, and they also freeze well. A great way to use up old bananas!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 75g light brown muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 130ml milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 170°C), Gas Mark 5.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 large paper cases.
- Mash the bananas and mix together well with the sugar, sunflower oil, eggs and milk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and nutmeg into the liquid mixture and fold in.
- Fold in the oats and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and golden brown on top.
I hope you enjoyed this simple, delicious and nutritious recipe. If you try it for yourself, do let me know how it turned out! It’s also a great recipe to make with kids as it’s so simple. Have fun!
OMG. Now I really want one of these!
Ingrid, did one of your parents cook & bake? Or did you pick all of this up on your own?
My mum taught me baking and my husband taught me to cook 🤣 thanks David!
Yummy banana muffins… yes please !!
I’ll send some over in a jiffy (bag)!
I can smell them from here. I’d say I would be right over, but I’m sure they’ll be gone long before I got there.
They were long gone 3 weeks ago 😅
Hmmm, an interesting concept… muffins lasting until breakfast
You need to make them at breakfast time!
Banana bread being a favorite of mine, these moist muffins are a close second!
I have a great recipe for banana bread in a cookbook back home, I am hoping my dad will be able to find it and send it to me!
Those good recipes are worth it!
great option with the protein in the oatmeal and fiber.. love it and book marked
Thanks Cindy 🙏❤️
You’re welcome.., Thank you! 💖
Looks good! I’d be tempted to add chocolate chips. I tend to like banana bread with chocolate chips. Tasty, but less healthy though!
Oh that does sound good: great idea!